The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available

I have started the managed metadata service but as soon as I start managing it then got the following error message:

The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started. Please Contact your Administrator.


Troubleshooting done:
1)   The managed metadata service is already in started mode
2)   Applications pools are running fine
3)   Managed metadata service application is fine
4)   Checked the permissions and seems to be fine everywhere.
5)   Checked the ULS logs and found out that this is a permission issue

Resolution applied:
1)   Central Administration
2)   Application management
3)   Service application
4)   Manage service application
5)   Hover your mouse and select managed metadata service application, don’t click it directly
6)   Click on Permissions from the Ribbon
7)   We need to add the application pool account which has been used by your web application
8)   Give Read access to Term store
9)   Click OK

That’s it- Issue will be resolved.

If you have any queries/questions regarding the above mentioned information then please let me know. I would be more than happy to help you as well as resolves your issues, Thank you.

Request to all of u- if your issue gets resolved by using some other steps then please share here so that it will be useful for the entire SharePoint communities.

Product applies to:
1)   SharePoint Server 2013
2)   SharePoint Foundation 2013
3)   SharePoint Server 2010
4)   SharePoint Foundation 2010

Reference:

2 comments:

  1. Hi the information on this blog is just amazing it keeps me coming back time and time again ,personally i met my wife using this site so i couldnt like it any more i have done my best to promote this blog as i know that others need to read this thing ,Thanks for all your effort spent in making this fabulous resource ! ok,nice one

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one technology that I would love to be able to use for myself. It’s definitely a cut above the rest and I can’t wait until my provider has it. Your insight was what I needed. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is always appreciated!!!

Popular Posts